Monday 29 September 2008

going, going, gone.....

I had to walk into the town this morning and in common with most of the older generation; looked for a loo! They're getting very few and far between...

My usual town centre establishment was still there in Cavendish Street. I then walked on to the old Police Station site. I'm pleased to say the old police building was there but the court next door (which in my opinion was a 'horror' anyway) was nearly gone. Mr Goody was doing a grand job in making it disappear. I had noticed the opposition in the knock 'em down game namely DDS had recently flattened the Pikes shopfitting site very quickly!

What a pity these areas can't be left empty for a while to 'air' and let people see how much land is actually taken by building. Maybe they are if you don't take the groundworks into consideration.
Yes, I know the old gasworks site in Boundary Road has been empty for years but that's not exactly 'empty' with all the ironwork and holes everywhere.

I can visualise a busy week ahead for your truly; so let's hope the transport works OK!

Welcome back Matt B, I see you're blogging again....

1 comment:

Nethercourt said...

I suspect that in the present fiscal climate, many such flattened areas will get a jolly good 'airing'!
I sympathise with you where public loo's are concerned though.The lack of 'em makes a trip into town on foot almost impossible for those of us of a certain age related disposition. I'm afraid my saturday pint is a thing of the distant past!!