Wednesday 10 October 2007

Onions and mashed bananas...!

The doorbell goes last night and standing there, soaking wet was Stefan from Cologne. He stayed with me last year and amazed all present with his making and eating of shallot sandwiches and or mashed brown bananas with sugar, sometimes together! This was usually after a full evening meal... He will be in the UK for four weeks and it will be interesting to hear how his accommodating family react to his strange eating habits (my house being full I was unable to arrange for his stay here). It was good to see him; he remembered my liking for crusty fresh baked rolls from his local town bakery. Pop 'em in the oven for a few minutes and .... Now I've got to have some lunch. Tomorrow is a grand daughter's first birthday so I'd better prepare for the festivities and of course I'll publish photos and narative accordingly.

No comments: