Saturday 20 September 2008

visits, exploration and comments...

Saw my daughter yesterday, played with the grandchildren, did the school run and called into my friend for the much needed cup of tea...

On the return journey thought I'd come back via Queen Street, parked up and did some exploration around the old Tomson and Wotton site; now Waitrose. Nothing there but I did notice on a walk to look at the library, one of the little turnings there was called 'Tomsons Passage' now that couldn't be a coincidence not with that spelling. I've had no response to my request for info' so I'm going to put some enquiries into the Internet search engine and see what happens....

Why is the library site taking so long to complete? Development for housing goes from the groundwork to occupation within six months! I know there is a question of ensuring the existing structure salvaged from the disastrous fire has to be blended and fastened safely to the new building, but FOUR years is pushing it. I remember that there was a no photographs allowed ruling so I just looked and wondered in silence....

So the Maritime Museum will be closed and vacated by October 1st, nice idea on ECR's site about a fish restaurant but what about the one next to the 'Oak Hotel' I think it's called 'Atlantis' and like the hotel; owned by 'Thorley Taverns'. I know we need competition but that's pushing it; a bit like Weatherspoons (suggested for the sad Pavillion site) vs the Sovereign (just opened in Harbour Street). I tell you what, it would make the perfect 'piat de terre' seaside residence for the millionnaire boat owner, just for that second home to be near the boat! Even the Pavillion would divide into luxury accommodation to 'die for' and the extensive refurbishment and renovation required wouldn't present any problem to the monied gentry looking for that 'special postal address'. Then maybe we could let the Pleasurama site be returned where it belongs to the Ramsgate residents to develop as an asset to be enjoyed by everyone; not just the favoured few!


No comments: