Thursday 18 September 2008

.....best laid plans and a question?


................as it was the middle of the week yesterday...I started to think about the weekend! As you do..... You know, plans and all that. Sat down to watch a bit of TV and the phone goes, it's my daughter on the other end. Was I busy on Friday? Then she said, she remembered my usual shopping visits were made on Friday morning but would I like to visit for lunch? Then would I take my grandaughter to school. Being her first experience of primary school she goes for half a day, three days a week. We don't want her to miss any attendances if possible. Her father would pick her up on his way back from work. Well a chance to see a 'cherub' and join in the school activities, yea.....

So, a bit of re-scheduling with the shopping completed this morning and other little jobs done this afternoon, that left me to blog and make ready for lunch and the school trip tomorrow! Nothing like a bit of re-organisation to keep you active...hmmmm..

I was thinking of having a wander onto the other cliff, to see how the 'posh' people live! Talking to some people about Waitrose the 'posh' peoples shopping place to meet! I seem to remember it stands on land once occupied by the Tomson and Wotton brewery and was bought for development by the supermarket. My research antenae started to twitch and I wondered if there were any landmarks left over there. Does anyone have any photos or narrative about the old place, would it have been older than the Shepherd Neame, Faversham brewery? Michael if you're reading have you got any answers? Anyway I'll go and have a look and see what I can find, probably next week.

I do use the supermarket sometimes as I'm an ardent fan of John Lewis department stores in both London and Bluewater but that's another story from my very early past......

No comments: