Tuesday 14 October 2008

birthday girl......

As you can see my youngest grand daughter celebrated her 2nd birthday and thoroughly enjoyed herself. With the food (remains still to be scraped off!) and party games. Good fun but was I glad to be able to disappear into the garden every now and again; where the weather was definitely 'summer like'. Her older sister will be 5 next March and with starting school last September is becoming more 'lady like'..... My daughter thought it might be a good idea for me to 'look after' Neve now that her sister is at school and that will enable her to relax for a couple of hours or so. Sounds like a good idea to me walkabouts round the town and on the sea front, we'll see!

I've just invested in the latest iPod Classic with 120 GB of memory. Since I've been uploading and saving photos of family and friends I'm looking at nearly 4000 photographs without the audio and video files. Still got 108 GB left to take the movies and music so that'll keep me busy and above all they will be transportable and it has a video screen to watch as well as the standard headphones for the audio tracks. Bit of an upgrade from the 'Walkman' I've been used to...ain't this technology wonderful, when you've worked out the buttons to push.

4 comments:

Nemesis said...

I think today is also the 347th birthday of the Queens Regiment (which absorbed the local Buffs some years ago)

Happy birthdays all round.

Mitch said...

Good to see she shares the day with all those soldiers. I'll remind her when she gets older!!
Thanks Rick.....

Don Wood said...

She looks like she enjoyed the day I have similar piccies of my grand children

Mitch said...

Yes Don I think we all enjoyed the celebrations. Not so sure about the clearing up though....!!
There's three of them and they're supposed to keep us young at heart. Certainly keeping up with them and their enjoyable antics keeps the body fit, giving me plenty of exercise; as you no doubt find with your own grand children.