Sunday 28 October 2007

all change....

It's that time of year again when we all think 'do they go forwards or backwards?' Some people who shall be nameless! Just plain forget and end up being late all day, trying to catch that elusive hour. In my establishment I counted 16 different pieces of timed equipment that need adjusting. The worst one is an old family heirloom; which I love, where you have to go through a 12 hour cycle to adjust the chimes. Most of the electronic gubbins adjusts itself or is tuned into the automatic radio controlled time signal from Rugby.
With the weather having turned wet today I thought I'd continue my never ending research into our Ramsgate town. The links that are generated upon the entry of a town element like 'Queen Street Ramsgate' are endless. You end up clicking on the underlined blues refering to people and places situated there and before you know it your time's up and important needs require you to complete what seems to be the more mundane essential tasks!
Just a quick aside before I go, click on http://www.ramsgate-society.org.uk/ and click on the news tab. A very interesting article on Gwyn's Clock in the town centre, congratulations to all concerned on bringing it 'back to life' for the town's benefit. I've got no excuse now for being late for those town meetings even if I do forget my watch....

No comments: