Tuesday 8 January 2008

hey, hey, 007's here and the 1st power cut of 2008!!

The weather today has been 'orrible and I thought 'roll on tomorrow'. The post arrived and today was First day of Issue for the Royal Mail 'Ian Fleming's James Bond' issue. The weather cleared the sun came out and the temperature went up! No doubt about it, we produce the best stamps in the world. Yes, I know the service is lousy and technologically, e mailing has to be the answer. You still can't beat writing, sending and receiving 'snail mail'. Their stamp production is brilliant and the sevice they offer us collectors is brilliant. Click onto my Royal Mail web site link (see the right hand list) to see the latest issues and the service they offer in the price of buying a stamp or two.

During the constant refurbishment of my house. One of the things added during the staircase and landings stage was to wire in some emergency lighting; it ensures the staircase is lit when the power fails, putting the house in darkness. Yes, you've guessed it; about 1255, out went all the power supply. Only for about 5 minutes and everything was backed up on the computer. Suprisingly there are still some clocks that have to be reset, so off I rambled to put 'em right, while I remembered.

oops got a text message.... It's Marina and Gregorio in Amsterdam, I told them to watch the canals and stay away from the cigarettes there!

4 comments:

Richard Eastcliff said...

That's those garlic munchers at EDF for you!

Mitch said...

Yea, but I like garlic! What about some extra Nectar points... They should look after their favourite 'bloggers'?

Anonymous said...

I've been expecting both power cuts and water stoppages. Only yesterday there was a new leak in the road spotted by my wife on the way home from the school run. Electricity supply to our little bit of Thanet is about as reliable as the current council - you never expect anything very exiting to happen but plan nevertheless for out right failure on a quasi-regular basis.

Mitch said...

Hi matt b,
Seasonal Greetings...
Wish I had your 'spy' network, so the next thing could be low or no water pressure, maybe?
The electricty supply here has always been unreliable hence the back up lighting in the stairwell and landings. I've really got to sort the time clocks with no battery back up, out!
As for the Council, I remember saying to ECR, 'my comments on site would be non contentious'; I rest my case...